There has been a change to what was published in the OPLAN. In general, the current policy states that VMI faculty, staff, employees, and cadets must wear a mask/facial covering at all times when on Post. There are exceptions to that general policy as detailed below:
Cadets may remove their facial coverings when:
- In their assigned barracks room and there is no one in the room besides their assigned roommates (family unit).
- Conducting individual PT or during group PT when the group can maintain 10 feet of social distancing. Facial coverings are to be worn to/from place of PT.
- When authorized by an instructor, in a classroom and as part of a group discussion where there is a minimum of six feet between group participants. The mask is removed to answer/respond and then replaced.
Faculty, staff, and employees may remove their facial coverings when:
- Alone in their own office.
- In the instructor cubicles in SSH where the desks are socially distanced and have partitions between them.
- When teaching from behind a plexiglass shield/barrier.