The Center for Cadet Counseling offers free, confidential, individual counseling to help cadets address personal and interpersonal concerns or stressors.
Our approach is collaborative, developmental, and strengths-based which means that we know cadets possess a variety of strengths, resources, and abilities when they arrive for assistance. Our goal is to help cadets capitalize on these strengths by developing new skills and insight to better navigate concerns in the future.
If you are unsure whether or not the Counseling Center services are the best fit for your needs, our staff would be happy to consult with you to discuss your individual situation.
Cadets requesting non-urgent assistance may call the office at 540-464-7667 – Monday to Friday during business hours (0800 – 1630) or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Cadets who are experiencing a mental health crisis and are in need of urgent assistance should come directly to the CCC to speak with a counselor during business hours (0800-1630) and directly to the infirmary after business hours to access the on-call counselor.
The CCC is fully accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services and adheres to the highest standards of ethical conduct as outlined by the American Psychological Association, the American Counseling Association, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the internal governing policies of VMI.
24-hour support for anyone who needs to talk to someone
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: 741-741
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- LGBTQ+ Hotline: (866) 488-7386
- Rape Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) (800) 656-4673 or live chat:
- Rockbridge Area Community Services Board: 1-855-222-2046
- Project Horizon: 540-463-2594